Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 22: Recover


Hi everybody!

Welcome to Day 1 of my first Recovery Week.  And of course, I strained something.  Not sure how that happened.  I took yesterday off, and about half-way through the day I strained my calf.  It doesn’t hurt on the main part of the calf, but rather at the top, near where it attaches to the back of the leg.  I think I did it testing out new recliners.  You need to use a lot of leg force to get some of them back down.  Could be a good hamstring workout!

What I don’t want to do is make it worse.  I’m afraid of over-stretching it by doing the scheduled YogaX workout.  I was thinking rather of riding my bike on my resistance trainer, and doing a Spinervals DVD.  That’s a rather low-impact workout, that still get’s my heart rate up for an hour.  But I do need to do something to get myself out of the funk of the last couple of days.  

I have gotten over my disappointment over not losing as much weight as I would have liked.  I know I need to just keep pushing.  But I got hit with a double whammy.  The same day I wrote that post, the vet called to say our family dog, Sadie, had stomach cancer and we needed to put her down.  It was a very sad day.  My wife rescued her in 1998, and she has been a special part of our family for all that time.  Not knowing her exact age, because she was rescued, we estimated her to be about 15.  A good long life - well lived.  We’ll miss you Sadie.

So now to get back on with the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment