Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 25: Re-energized

I love this recovery week. 
After taking it easy for a couple of days because of my strained calf, I’m ready again for the hard work.  It’s not like I did nothing for the last couple of days though.  Saturday, I spent 13 hours putting up new walls and ceiling in my cabin – and boy was I sore on Sunday!  As much as P90X prepares you for a lot of exercises, it doesn’t really prepare you for standing on a chair with your hands over your head, holding a pneumatic nail gun for several hours. 
So today I’m ready to get back to it.  I am kind of mixing up the schedule this week a little bit because of the calf and this being the first week of my son’s Little League practice.  Today is supposed to be X Stretch.  But I did that yesterday in preparation for the baseball practice.  So tonight I’m going to do the Core Synergistics workout.  I haven’t done this one yet, and am very much looking forward to checking it out.
After my Frustration post a couple of days ago, I’m determined not to be a slave to the scale.  I’m going to only weigh myself once a week.  On Saturday, as soon as I wake up.  That’s Day 1 in my cycle.  The rest of the time I’m going to try and be happy that my clothes fit better.  Recently, I’ve been getting a lot of people asking me if I’ve lost weight.  As I’m not losing that much weight, it must be that I’m shifting my weight and building more muscle.  It is nice, however, to hear people ask!
As long as people are continuing to say that it will keep me motivated to Keep Pushing!
Til next time!

1 comment:

  1. You are quickly becoming my inspiration to get back into the gym. I will not do P90X, however,like you and everyone else i want my clothes to fit better, i want to look goo din the mirror, and i want to have a respectable beach body. More importantly i want to feel better. I am hoing the aches and pains of aging will lessen or fade if i am more physically active. can you speak to that in your next post?

    Keep pluggin' away

    ReplyDelete