Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 31: The Weekend

Sorry about not blogging over the weekend.  It seems more and more that the weekends get shorter and shorter, and busier and busier.  I still managed to get in all my workouts, though some days I didn’t feel like it, but finding the time to blog about it proved difficult.
Saturday was Chest, Shoulders and Triceps.  This is a punishing workout.  I’m not too proud to admit that I didn’t make it the whole way through the routine.  By the time that I got to seated tricep extensions, I couldn’t do one more exercise.  I just couldn’t lift my arms up any longer.   Of course, this comes after a day of fly-fishng – my new hobby. 
My wife says my hobby is really collecting hobbies.  I’ve started a bunch of them, but I get bored quickly and move on to the next one.  I really like fishing though, so hopefully I’ll get a lot of use out of the gear this year.  I caught two fish, and there is no better salesman for fishing than actually catching fish.
Sunday was PlyoX.  I now love this routine.  I got the whole way through it without having to push pause for the first time.  I really felt good afterwards. 
Yesterday was Biceps and Back, and boy do my arms hurt today.  Extending my arms all the way feels like my biceps are going to pull completely out through the inside of my elbows.  Of course, afterwards I asked my wife if she had bought her tickets yet….to the GUN SHOW!  Boom!  Pow! Firepower!
Half way through my fifth week, I’m starting to really see results, especially in my arms and shoulders.  My waist size has dropped pretty dramatically.  Four weeks ago, I had three holes left on my belt.  Today I have none.  New pants and belts may be on the shopping list before too long. 
Tonight is YogaX and I’m ready to go!
Do your best!

No comments:

Post a Comment