Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 32: Shavasana

I am the Warrior King!
Not really…
Last night was Yoga X night again.  I think it went really well.  But let me tell you, by the time I got to Warrior 3, I was ready to pass out.  That’s a good workout!
I lucked out last night and was able to do the major portion of the workout without kids in the house.   But then they came home, and Henry, 4, immediately ran down to see what I was doing.  Seeing it was Yoga, his favorite, he ran up to get his shorts – because, obviously, you can’t work out in sweat pants.  Duh.
He made it down to start exercising just as we got to the Seven Yoga Ab Exercises of Death (my term, not Tony’s).  And then we went to Shavasana.  Ahhhh, bliss.   Quiet.   Relaxed.   Quiet…..
“Daddy,” in a whisper.
“What?”
“It’s really quiet.”
“Yes it is.  We’re relaxing.  Shhhh.”
“OK.”
“Daddy, Why do we have to be quiet?”
“Because we’re trying to relax.  It’s better to do that when you’re quiet.”
“OK.”
“Daddy….”
And so it went. 
At least he didn’t spill my water.

No comments:

Post a Comment