Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 40: Marked Improvement


Wow!  What a week it has been.  I think I’m really knocking it out of the park. 

I’m seeing some great strides in my push-ups, pull-ups and arm and shoulder exercises….but especially the pull-ups.  I’ve jumped about 3-4 reps per exercise, and I can really feel my back getting stronger.  

Biceps and Back on Monday went very well, and I didn’t experience any soreness, yesterday or today, in my arms or elbows.  I also used a 5lb heavier dumbbell for almost all of those exercises.

I did miss yesterday’s Yoga X exercise due to some unforeseen circumstances, but I’ve made up for it with two added cardio sessions.  I ran three miles on Monday and rode my bike for an hour today.  I’m also going to try and run on Friday as well.  I may substitute Yoga X for Kenpo tomorrow.

My goal in the upcoming weeks is to add a cardio workout (biking or running) on each of the resistance training days, and a fourth on Friday (Day 7 of my P90X week).  That fourth cardio workout will be dependent on how I feel, and whether I think I need a rest day.  I always try and listen to my body and not force myself to work out if my body says I shouldn’t. 
 
Hopefully, the P90X training, along with the cardio training will allow me to compete in not only the 100k Tour de Cure, but also some road and trail runs this summer.  I’ve been asked by a friend to run with him in a 5k mud race, with obstacles, sometime in April.  That sounds fun.  Who cares about the finishing time for an event like that!

Keep on pushing!

No comments:

Post a Comment