Wednesday, March 9, 2011

P90X Day 18 YogaX

Yesterday was one of those days where I was tired and unmotivated to work out because of a long, busy and stressful day at work.  Couple that with the fact that, as I’ve state before, I find YogaX to be the hardest of all the P90X workouts.  My weight and inflexibility combine to produce copious amounts of sweat and pain.
Last night, however, was a watershed moment.  While I still had difficulty getting in some of the positions (putting my one hand behind my back and clasping the other from between my legs…not happening anytime soon), I seemed to find my breathing groove.  I was able to clear my mind, focus on my breathing and generally enjoy the workout. 
This was one of those workouts when you see what is possible in P90X if you follow the program, and do your best.  I push myself harder each workout, and this produces results.  I can do things after three short weeks that I haven’t been able to do in years.  I can bend over, with my legs locked and touch the floor – and feeeeeeel the burn.  I can twist in different directions.  And I last night I got into Crane position.  When I saw Crane in the P90X book that comes with the program, I laughed.  How in the heck am I EVER going to get into that position.  Last night I did it!  What a great feeling.
To all of you out there who might have considered P90X and opted not to jump in because it looks too hard, I am proof-positive that you can do it.  I’m 42, 5’9” and 260lbs.  I can do it, and so can you.  Don’t get me wrong – it is hard…very hard.  But if you put those DVDs in and press play every day, you will find that you can do things you never thought possible.
With apologies to Nike – Just Do It.

No comments:

Post a Comment