Monday, March 7, 2011

Where I Am Right Now

I don't mean physically - obviously I'm in front of a computer. 

I mean in my journey.

I'm about half-way through Week 3 of P90X.  Today was Shoulders and Arms.  What a great workout.  I always feel really good after this one.

I think my experience thus far has been a success!  I know I can do things now that I couldn't do before I began using P90X.  In Week 1, I couldn't make it through the arms circle warm-ups, much less make it through Plyometrics or YogaX.  Yesterday I completed every exercise in the PlyoX workout.  I'm know that I'm going to continue to have difficulties with the yoga workout because of my weight, but I also know that each time it gets better!

My flexibility has greatly increased.  I can put my hands on the floor with my legs straight.  I can get into Prayer Twist.  I can do Warriors and hold them for what seems like forever.  This folks is the real deal.

I'm stronger than I've been in a long time.  I'm using the biggest bands they sell at Dick's, and I need to put a loop in it for most exercises.  I can do the skiers wall squat for the full 90 seconds - though I can't lift my legs up very well.  All this from continued and dedicated performance of these workouts.  They do the job.  I whole heartedly endorse. 

And while I can't do every move perfectly, or hold every position for the entire count, I just follow Tony Horton's advice - Do your best and forget the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment